Saturday, May 2, 2009

Baking and Cooking

Last night Dave was gone for a conference for our church, the kiddos were all sound asleep and I decided that instead of vegging out in front of the TV, I should do something meaningful. So, I baked/cooked for the fam' entirely from scratch. Many of you do this regularly; however, I still struggle with this area of my homemaking duties. I'm learning though! Here's the rundown from last night:

1. 2 dozen banana chocolate chip muffins
2. 2 dozen apple raisin oatmeal muffins
3. Baked Oatmeal (9x13 pan full)
4. Boiled a chicken, froze the meat and bagged ALL of the chicken stock (2 large pots full!) which is now in the freezer as well, awaiting my next adventure in cooking.

Total time: 3 hours of baking, 2 hours of boiling and 1 hour of cool down but a very relaxing and rewarding evening I must say!

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous22 May, 2009

    I have to admit Caryn, I am pretty impressed with the baking and coupon savings. You are enticing me to try it all again. Char

    ReplyDelete