Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Because I was asked.....

Ok, I was asked to post the reasons that I'm not voting for the GOP on November 4th. Here they are in a nutshell (warning, some of you are really going to get ticked by some of this):
1. I don't believe that having a woman in this position is biblical.
Isaiah 3:12
My people—infants are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, your guides mislead you and they have swallowed up [1] the course of your paths.
I will briefly mention other reasons; however, for me this is the largest one. No matter who we have elected this November, the result means that we are under judgement from God. Either it will be Obama and his very liberal pro-choice, pro-gay etc. message, or it will be McCain with Sarah Palin.
I'm not arguing her qualifications because that is fruitless. I am arguing that Scripture tells us that when we are ruled by women it is a judgement against us. Now, will my 3rd party vote somehow propel the Constitution party into office? No. I'm not crazy, I realize that either McCain or Obama will win. Well, doesn't that mean that my vote is wasted then? No. I vote because I have the right to. What I do with that vote will either honor God or dishonor him. I will not vote for a party ticket that is dishonoring to him, whether people tell me that the candidates are qualified or not.
Furthermore, I will not vote for ANY Christian woman who is a professing Feminist (Palin is a member of Feminists For Life). End of story. I want my conscience clear before my Father. I also refuse to live in fear like many Christians, ie "if we don't vote for McCain than Obama will win......(insert great alarm, wailing, tears etc.)" "Our country will fall apart!!!!" Now, our country IS falling apart and no President is going to fix that, we are RAMPANT with sin and APPROVAL for sin. The US will see better days ONLY when we start experiencing repentance and revival, I don't live in fear of what Obama could do to me. It is the fear of the LORD that is the beginning of wisdom....
2. Many people tell me to vote for McCain because he's "pro-life" however: 'McCain said, “I’d love to see a point where Roe vs. Wade is irrelevant, and could be repealed because abortion is no longer necessary. But certainly in the short term, or even the long term, I would not support repeal of Roe vs. Wade, which would then force women in America to [undergo] illegal and dangerous operations.” Source: Ron Fournier, Associated Press Aug 24, 1999
3. I don't believe that the Republican ticket has a firm stance on the issue of gay rights. Palin vetoed a bill in Alaska which would have banned gay partners from receiving insurance benefits through their partners employer. Also "he (McCain) has called the ban on same-sex marriage "un-Republican." The ban "usurps from the states a fundamental authority they have always possessed and imposes a federal remedy for a problem that most states do not believe confronts them," he said in July 2004.
Source: CNN.com, "Presidential bids" Nov 15, 2006
I also read that while McCain is opposed to gay marriage, he supports civil union ceremonies for gay couples.
4. I believe that at this time in our country's history we need to take a strong stand on biblical principles. I believe that women should not fight in the military, therefore I cannot vote to place a woman 2nd in line to be the Commander in Chief of our military. I believe that while Palin could theoretically hold this position AND still be in submission to her husband (ala Ephesians 5) I don't see it happening. I also don't see how a position like VP could allow for her to live out the guidelines for women outlined in Titus 2:4-5.
I don't believe that the Bible states that it's wrong in every situation for a woman to work outside the home; but given the enormity of the position she is candidating for, I don't believe she can do both equally well. I do think it's important to remember that she has children at home who desperately need her (a baby with Down's Syndrome and her older daughter who will become a mother herself shortly). I also don't agree with Palin on her views of womanhood anyway, she's a professing feminist.
5. McCain believes in Evolution as he stated in the Republican debates.
Now, granted NO politician will ever be the perfect Christian candidate. But I refuse to blindly and robotically lend my support to this party JUST SO THAT the other guy doesn't win. For many people these types of issues don't matter and that's fine. I'm not interested in debating people on this issue. I simply want to remind everyone that there are other options available. The Constitution Party's views on a number of topics are in line with mine biblically speaking; therefore I will lend my support to them.
For further reading on this topic I recommend the following links:


2 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo!!! Love your thoughts on this!! We, too are voting the Constitutional party! Good for you for standing firm for what you believe!

    ReplyDelete