Sunday, April 12, 2009

Currently reading.....

Here are some books I have read this week or are currently in the process of reading. I highly recommend them all!

Cleaning Plain & Simple
Lots of tips for cleaning the house, stain removal and making homemade cleansers, plus the cover is adorable. 8-)
(sorry, no preview on Amazon....)

The Complete Tightwad Gazette
If you haven't read this before, I highly recommend it. I read it a few years ago but didn't really make any effort to employ some of her strategies. Looking at it now I have found lots of tips to put into practice around the house to save $$$$. (click on image to preview at Amazon)

The Apron Book
I LOVE THIS BOOK!!!
It is so darn cute and inviting. It really is a book solely about aprons, sounds exciting huh? The author has pictures of aprons throughout the last 200 years or so, but mostly focusing on the 40's through today. She includes photos of aprons and stories from the family members of who wore them, how they were used and what memories they created.

SO CHARMING!
In addition, the author includes many patterns for you to sew your own aprons in all different styles, including pattern ideas for children. (also click on image to preview at Amazon)

I've become a fan of the apron over the last year or so, but haven't yet attempted to sew one. If I have some time this week I think I may finally give in and see what I can create.

Here are some cute apron links which inspire me (but I'm not willing to shell out the $$$ to purchase one, I guarantee you. I just really need to quickly develop some mad sewing skills.....). Just looking at these cuties makes that inner homemaker in me LONG to get out and bake, clean, sew, paint, decorate....you name it!
Jessie Steele
Jillie Willie
D Lux 57
Elizabeth's Embellishments
Taygalook

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the book and the author is a southern sweetie. TAYGA has hip aprons!

    ReplyDelete