Friday, April 17, 2009

It isn't really nesting yet....right?

Normally my quest to dominate the germs, dirt, messies...whatever - aka NESTING -really doesn't appear until closer to 34-35 weeks in pregnancy. Prior to this I have other obsessions, usually involving painting or decorating, but not particularly the cleaning bug. Well, today I tackled our kitchen. I started by washing the dishes and doing a load of laundry (laundry is in the kitchen for those who don't know this already). That lead to the following:
1. Completely removing everything from every cabinet and purging excess/junk then reorganizing all dishes/pots/pans/appliances etc.
2. Cleaning the oven (outside).
3. Cleaning the microwave.
4. Cleaning the outside of the washer and dryer.
5. Cleaning the outside of the fridge.
6. Vacuuming floor.
7. Mopping the floor with bleach to kill all "those germs" that I knew were secretly lingering.....
8. Cleaning our stainless steel sink with bleach also...for same reason as above. I actually followed the directions from FLYLADY (see sidebar for link) on shining your sink, which involves some Windex - post bleaching...and it looks like a whole new sink. Sorry, no pics though.

I still need to wash the inside of the fridge and do the stovetop again. I also need to do the cabinet doors and the drawers, and I'm feeling a little OCD about refolding all my dish towels for some reason.....

So, all in all it's great to have a clean kitchen to wake up too, I wonder if I'll be obsessed with something else tomorrow....????

2 comments:

  1. Spring fever!

    I have it, too, and plan on taking this week to do the kitchen (yes, the whole week!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. can you girls drop by my house??
    I need help!!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete