Tuesday, April 14, 2009

What does $4 buy you????

Reg. Price
4 cans of Pringles: $1.69 each
3 cans of Air Wick Room Freshener: $ 2.49 each
1 bag of Halls: $1.99
1 Covergirl Outlast All Day Lipcolor: $ 7.99
1 CG Smoothwear Conditioning Moisturizer: $ 4.99
Total Value of all items: $29.20

I had coupons for everything and luckily for me it was double coupon day at Pamida (which is a store I had never heard of before moving to Iowa, but it's basically like K-Mart).

1. The pringles were on sale 2 cans for $3. I had 2 - buy 2 cans save $1.00 Q's which were each doubled to $2. This brought the price for all 4 cans to $2.00.

2. I had Q's for the Airwick's for $1.00 off of one can. I used 3 Q's which were all doubled. Final price for all 3: $1.47

3. My Q for Halls was $0.75 doubled, final cost: $0.50

4. The lipgloss pack was clearanced to $2.50. I then used a $1.00 off any CG product Q which was doubled. Final cost: $0.50

5. The lip conditioner was also clearanced to $1.40. I used another CG product $1.00 Q which was doubled. Final cost: FREE plus I got an additional $0.60 off my total.

So I paid: $4 and some change after tax, a savings of 84%!

I'm also excited to report that I have been in DESPERATE need of replacing ALL of my make-up, I was at the - scraping the last fleck of blush and digging the bottom of the lipstick for an eensy weensy hope of color - stage. However, our budget right now wasn't allowing for a large splurge to replace it all. Here's how I've done since couponing:

Physicians Formula: Blush, Bronzer and Lip Gloss (Walgreens) $13 but will get $10 back at the end of the month.
Final cost: $3
I have a coupon for a FREE mascara the next time I run to Walmart. (and no, it's not buy 1 get 1 free, it's just FREE!)
Final cost $0
CG lip gloss (Pamida)
Final cost: 50 cents
CG lipgloss (Pamida)
Final cost: FREE
Still need to get: concealer, foundation, eye shadow and eye liner.....how much can I save???
Total for makeup so far: $3.50 and I'm halfway to replacing my whole makeup bag.

2 comments:

  1. Good job on the couponing. I got into it about 2 months ago. It's addicting, so watch out! It's amazing how much you can save. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for kicks, compare the cost of the Halls at Walmart. Ours are $1.19 at Walmart (but $1.39 at Target). I had a $1 off coupon that I used last night at Walmart.

    ReplyDelete